The course is specifically tailored for those working in the transport and logistics industries but has application across other industries.
The course is a VET accredited course and involves theory training and assessment. The course generally takes 4-5 hours to complete. On successful completion of the course, students are issued a Statement of Attainment by the RTO.
- Identifying dangerous goods/hazardous substances from information including class labels, manifests and other documentation
- Identification of job hazards and applying appropriate hazard controls
- Storage requirements
- Different handling procedures for different classes of dangerous goods/hazardous substances
- Incident reporting
- Emergency procedures and management
- Load handling and shifting requirements
- Signage and placarding
- Communicating in the workplace regarding safe handling and storage of dangerous goods/hazardous substances
- Workplace documentation and procedures
Courses available in Queensland and Northern Territory.