This course is a 1 day course that is ideal for workers and supervisors in the civil construction industry that are involved in traffic management and are required to place signage at roadworks.
The course covers:
- Identifying requirements in the traffic guidance scheme
- WHS requirements
- Selecting the right PPE, barriers, signage and equipment
- Correctly positioning signs, devices, displays
- Monitoring traffic flow
- Clearing and maintaining site and equipment
The Traffic Management Implementation course consists of two parts: a theory component and practical component.
- The theory component is delivered in a classroom environment using TMR approved training resources and includes two simulated practical exercises conducted in a controlled environment. These simulations enable participants to experience implementing different set up scenarios that they would not normally be exposed to in their current on-the-job role.
- The practical component consists of a minimum of three on-the-job set ups relevant to the candidate’s current working situation.
Candidates are provided with a Third-Party logbook on completion of the formal training. The Third-Party logbook is to be completed and returned to AIT within 3 months of issue to enable AIT to issue a Statement of Attainment and TMI accreditation card. An extension of 3 months can be sought if logbooks are unable to be returned prior to the 3 month expiry date. Accreditation is issued for 3 years.
All participants must have a Construction Induction White Card before enrolling onto this course and bring it with them to the course. All participants must also complete the Working in Proximity to Traffic Part 1 and Part 2 through the Department of Transport and Main Roads website prior to returning the 3rd party report. Certificates of completion of the 2 courses must be attached to the Third-Party logbook.
- The participant also needs to submit TGS for the jobs they did the live set-ups on and preferably a SWMS and timesheets as evidence they were on that site with the 3rd party report.
TMI Renewal courses
Renewal courses are available where participants accreditation has not yet expired. The participants will need to prove current and sufficient evidence of experience over the last 3 years before accreditation can be renewed.
- Construction induction white card (or blue card)