Where the plant is fitted with a personnel box attached directly to the main boom and the personnel box can be extended 11 metres or more the operator requires an elevated work platform (WP) certificate.
Where the plant is fitted with other attachments i.e. bucket or forks etc, a Telehandler competency is all that is required
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to conduct telescopic materials handler operations in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
The course is a 1 day course.
The course covers:
- Planning and preparing for operations.
- Selecting, fitting and removing attachments.
- Conducting pre-operational checks.
- Operating the Telehandler.
- Attaching, securing, lifting, carrying and placing materials and loads.
- Relocating the telescopic materials handler from one site to another.
- Carrying out machine operator maintenance.
- Cleaning up.
This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and industry sectors. Relevant information must be sourced prior to application of the unit.
CSQ funding applies to eligible participants only